2011 was a fantastic year for us at Papillon Press.
We had some firsts in 2011 and some highlights. Here are some of our favourites!
- We took part in our first craft show, Idle Hands, in November in Ottawa and it was very successful and a ton of fun – thanks to everyone who came by and picked up some new cards.
- We’re happy to have started selling our cards to retailers in 2011. The Farm, a cool shop in North Bay, was the first to carry our cards and since then our cards have been picked up by The Paper Place, Relish, Kid Icarus, Scout, Victoire and Modern Dwellers in Alaska. Go check out these amazing stores! Seeing our cards on the shelves in these shops is always exciting.
- We were featured in the National Post – twice! Thanks to Nathalie Atkinson for highlighting two of our holiday cards and writing an awesome article about our Twilight invitation.
- We won the inaugural Good Design Award, awarded by the Sudbury Design Society to a company that has demonstrated a respect for great design and contributed to the growth of the local industry.
- We attended the National Stationery Show in New York in May last year to scout it out. After seeing so much great stationery and meeting some of our favorite shops we were inspired and excited to begin working toward this year’s show. We’ve already started our booth and we have dozens of new designs in the works that we can’t wait to show you! [Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr to see some early process shots]
We would like to say thank you! to everyone who ordered a Papillon Press product. You’re awesome. Also, big thanks to all of our Twitter and Facebook followers and blog readers. We appreciate it and look forward to bringing you even more beautiful letterpress work this year. It’s hard to resist a hand-illustrated letterpress card, that’s why we love making them (and why you love buying them, right?).
We’re looking forward to bringing you some awesome new letterpress stuff! Have a great 2012!